Sunday, January 25, 2009

Maya

MAYA

I knew all the time that your offer was phony
but I went along just for laughs
I knew all along that you planned to kill me
but I played along because it was warm
I played along because it tasted sweet
I played along because it reminded me 
of someplace else.

I knew all the time that it was an illusion
but I went along because I liked the smell of it
I played along because I liked the taste of it
I played along because I liked the way it felt
especially under water.

Even tho I knew it was an illusion
Even tho I knew it was a dream
I liked the way it moved
I liked the sounds it made
I liked the way it all fit together
I like the way it pulsated at my touch
I liked the way it gave off light
especially after dark.

Even tho I knew it was an illusion
I loved it all
Loved every apparent pleasure
Loved the way it seemed to hurt
Loved all the lies, the tricks, the make-believe.

Loved the stage sets, the makeup, the tacky props
Loved every unreal second
Loved every male mannikin
Loved every female impersonator
Loved every fraudulent molecule
Loved every phony atom
I was completely fooled
I was entirely taken in.

I loved it all
I really fell for it.

1 comment:

Raghav Goswami said...

Oh and,
(Infinity)(^a)(^b) <= (Infinity)(^c)(^d) ; for b<d;
Or;
"To Helen" - Poe