Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On First Ingesting a New Psychedelic Drug

ON FIRST INGESTING
A NEW PSYCHEDELIC DRUG

(for Ann and Sasha Shulgin)

I'd like the key to the quantum underworld
Like to enter the place where phenomena start
I'd like a white-hot date with the Cosmos
Like to let Miss Universe into my heart.

I'd like to dive right down to the heart of the matter
Where mathematics dissolves into bodily bliss
I'd like a white-hot date with the Cosmos
Like to give Momma Nature an intimate kiss.

I'd like a white-hot date with the Cosmos
Like to reach inside Her Beautiful Dress
I'd like a backstage pass to Gaia's Mysteries
I'd like the Sacred Secret's unlisted address.

To appreciate deliciousness otherwise missed
I'd like to freshly feel, to view and to touch
Opening self wide to Deep Ruthless Reality
I'd like more, more, more but not too much.

(Graphic via Mark Buchanan's Kazoo)

To celebrate the Valentine Zone
coming next week
1. A love poem by Betsy
2. 2000-year-old pickup line by Nick

No comments: