Saturday, September 16, 2017

Tantric Flight Plan

Nick prepares for his Class U (Unconventional) Pilot's License

Here's seven ways to levitate using physics.

But many religious traditions suggest there's another way to fly --
by exploiting the mysterious connection of the human mind with Nature. 

Levitating monk: artist unknown

After decades of impedance from my monkey mind
I'm just beginning to explore meditation
with the help of a tantric Buddhist masseuse.

And with the utterly unrealistic optimism
of the enthusiastic beginner
I'm setting myself a high new research goal
for the coming year.

Mahasiddha Flying by Carmen Mensink

I've been reading a lot about this new power
because reading is what I do
even though I know that reading by itself
is ultimately as useless
as reading about surfing.
as reading about ice skating
as reading about riding a bicycle.

Besides reading dozens of accounts
describing the lives of other men and women
who have successfully achieved this goal,
my two major sources
for guessing how to practice right action are
the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra
with commentary by Osho, and
the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
with commentary by Dean Radin.

St Joseph amulet and Yuri Gagarin ikon

To remind me of my task
and keep me steadfast on the path
I've purchased several amulets
that picture St Joseph of Cupertino
and am downloading ikons from the Web
of a few Russian Orthodox wonder workers.

By this time next year
even if I do not attain my goal,
I know for certain
that I will have learned much
and made many new friends
in the trying.

Rehearsing for flight in Santa Cruz Mountains

TANTRIC FLIGHT PLAN
(for Michael Murphy of Esalen)

I want to become a new kind of saint
Who rises aloft without restraint
My body as light as a solar neutrino
I'd soar like Joseph of Cupertino.

My body made holy by tantric massage
My mind immersed in the World Mirage
Well-schooled in quantum reality
And the yoga sutras of Patanjali.

Resonating with the Shepard tone
My Guardian Angel as chaperone
I'd lose myself in the Great Unknown
And fly --
As few before have ever flown.

To boldly levitate with no restriction
Propelled by Harlot Nature and a firm resolve
I'd give my brilliant colleagues
Inside the science jurisdiction
A New Millennial physics feat to solve.

Meanwhile, to quantify Nick's first escape
From evil gravity's high-security jail
A pretty colleague bought me recently
A new glass-topped digital bathroom scale.


Nick's new bathroom scale


6 comments:

Greg said...

Delightful, Nick. You're sure to rise high!

Anonymous said...

Of course you can fly if you have the right scale!

Unknown said...

Drop the scales,my boy, and FLY --Weightless in Gaza!!
Iit's all in your breath and relation to death.\

Jack Sarfatti said...

Your microtubules are metasurfaces. If you focus your Bohm-Frohlich condense are mind field you will amplify the coupling of your neuroelectrical energy to the local gravity field and fly like the Monk like Superman and like Iron Man without the suit. Because

Guv = 8pi(G/c^4)Re{STuv}

|S| >> 1 with cos(argS) < 0 antigravity lift is the effect I am talking about .

Hal Puthoff is also obsessed with the Flying Monk like you are and Hal asked me about the microtubules.

Jack Sarfatti said...

change "are" to "aka"

Michael Grosso said...

Many thanks Nick for this animating discussion of levitation. Like you, I was struck when I found that both Galileo and Joseph of Copertino had simultaneously run into problems with the Church, one for advancing the physics of nature, the other for challenging the new paradigm even as it was being formed. I was so intrigued by the coincidence that I wrote some scenes of Galileo and Joseph meeting in prison and discussing the reasons they had landed in jail. I believe a possible clue to understanding how levitation works is the equally mysterious nature of dream space. After all, we do and can have flying dreams, and mine (very few) have been ecstatic. Meanwhile we can soar as high as we dare in our imaginations.