Tuesday, August 13, 2019

What Does Nature Want?

 
Astronomy Pictures of the Day (APOD) 2019 August 13

WHAT DOES NATURE WANT?

Others have tried me
to tame me, to bride me
with ponderous kisses
and untutored touch.

I'm easy. I'm moved by
the slightest flirtation
but what really excites me
would be saying too much. 

My beauty has launched
a thousand ambitions
I'm opened all over
relaxing my guard.

All previous lovers
were merely auditions
This instrument
is awaiting her bard.

Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD) 2019 July 26

4 comments:

Michael Grosso said...

I like this poem a lot Nick, the last two lines especially. After centuries of plunder and rapine, no wonder nature is waiting for her bard.

Unknown said...

Another keeper Nick!

Bellybetty said...

LOVE!!!

nick herbert said...

Inspired by Panties around Her Ankles, Bellybetty.