Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hymn to Her

Jose Munoz's mystical Mayan mural
HYMN TO HER

O much-married, meat-is-murder,
Menopausal mamma from Missoula, Montana
I'm M-mailing you monthly
Monstrous mounds of Maui moonlight.

O planet-perambulating pinup,
Pantheistic, persnickety Philadelphia PhD
I'm postmarking and P-mailing you
A pack of Pope-blessed purple panties
Playfully empowered 

To grant your every pelvic wish.

O sassy Seattle sex scientist from Stanford
I sent you
specifically in Saturday's S-mail
Sixty sextillion soy-soaked 

Nobel-Prize spermatozoa
For your utopian breeding experiments
Or Sunday's spaghetti sauce:
Your choice, sister.

O A-cupped ace cook,
Angel-lipped Atherton acid head
I A-mail you annually
An ark of apples from Eve's garden
That you might discover thru your tongue
What forbidden knowledge really tastes like.

O thigh-ticklish, tender-hearted,
Trance-dance teacher from Taos, New Mexico
I teasingly T-mailed you this Tuesday eve
Twenty-three tubes 

Of theological transmission fluid:
That's hot Zeus juice, toots, 

And slippery goddess elixir too.
When spiritual overhaul time comes round
You'll be twice-born and thankful 

You tapped my titanic T-mail tubes.

O brainy, brown-eyed,
Buddhist bondage whore from Berkeley
I belatedly B-mail you
The Blessed Virgin Mary, the
Bethlehem Babe
The Holy Baptism, Benediction

The Bread, the Body and the Blood.
All the good parts from my Catholic boyhood
O brave and sacred prostitute,
I B-mail to you.
 
O luminous, lascivious, lactating Leo 

From Normal, Illinois
I lavishly L-mail you
Love
Love in every form I can think of
Love in every form I can get away with
Love in every form that exists.

I use audio, video, radio, rodeo
Dream wave and astral tattoo
Etheric vibration, deep space oscillation
To make some impression on you.

Honey, I got rope burns on my cranium
Spine fused by astral arcs
Calluses on my testicles
And stretch marks round my heart

No regrets, dear, I learned plenty
Tho I didn't find the Grail
But one thing I hafta ask ya, love:
"When ya gonna answer your mail?"






2 comments:

Greg said...

Thanks for sharing, Nick.

Michael Grosso said...

Thanks Nick for this orotund orgy of onamopoesis
The awe-inspiring architecture of your alliterations
The vatic vortex of your verbal victories over vapidity
And of course your rousing rundown of words in rapture.