Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Plea Bargain

PLEA BARGAIN

OK, I admit I dipped
her pink Vasserette panties
into the juice spilling
from the Cabernet crush.

And, yes, I did afterwards expose
their grape-sticky nylon fabric
to plane-polarized light
from the rising moon.

Yes, and I kissed the seams.

But I didn't know what I was doing.

I didn't know my actions would bring world peace.

I didn't know my actions would open up
these overwhelming influxes 
of full-body alien knowledge
now flooding the hearts and minds 
of Earth's inhabitants.

I know nobody's getting any work done--
too busy wallowing in 1000 new kinds of sensuality
too busy looking every creature in the eye
too busy touching, smelling, tasting
too busy exploring these new wet sticky doors
opening up everywhere into Nature's deep insides.

I know everybody's blissful now.
I know the New York Times
is calling it
The Goddess's Second Coming.

Sure I'm a responsible scientist
But Our Science was too immature 
to anticipate this.
I really didn't know what I was doing.

I plead ignorance.

[Image of Nick taken from JAILBAIT in ZeroCity, Thanks, JJ Webb.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, your ignorance-as-defense has been approved, and thereby sanctioned, for the greater good of poetic ontologies everywhere - even to the limits of sticky underthings - this is a poem that should be disseminated ... not just spurted, into the hungry tantric void, that inflection point where all the metaphorical forces converge -
via con dios, O Quantum Bard

Anonymous said...

It IS happening.

Thanks for getting it down.